Thursday, April 3, 2014

Open Up

Blogging for the first time helps you realize an amazing sense of confidence, and a safe space to discover who you truly are. Creating a blog is more than just flinging your diary open for the world to see. It is the amazing experience to open up.

My story may be different because I have heard about Mozilla Nepal a year ago. But I didn't try to know if anyone can contribute or not?       Suprised    ???
It was because of the fear that if I couldn't meet up the expectations of Mozilla Nepal being its volunteer or else anything . I therefore step back  hoping to contribute someday.But I forget the fact that 
  
  'To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong'

I have attended many events ,workshops but they used to be boring and more speechy and finally no conclusion at all. When I knew that 'Namaste WoMoz' is conducting the event focusing the status of girls in ICT , I was like 'Wowwwwww' . I was somehow sure that this event will be effective and encourging. The best part of this event is the 'WOMoz' - the organiser girls who came with the idea that really changed the perception of everyone like me.

The event was not formal but it was punctual - started as mentioned in the Event Schedule or managed.I expect that it would not be boring and bounded at the very begining bacause I was the 3rd participant to arrive the event and that's the reason  I got more time for interaction,making new friends , knowing more about them. There were about 30 participants who came with an expectation that the event would be fruitful because the topic was vast. 

The introduction part drag the attention of mine. I knew more about Mozilla Nepal that it is a group of volunteers working on supporting mozilla projects and everybody are free to contribute here. There are many areas in Mozilla Nepal to contribute like Localisation, designing and coding,use of webmaker tools and many more. All it requires is the will and the dedication to go ahead.

Then a question arised in my mind - Why Mozilla Nepal ? 

And the reason are :
-you will get to be a part of a Global  community ,a global plateform to learn, experiment on-making the better internet.
-meet the minded people around the world, intereact at the international meetings.
-get a chance to do internship at Mozilla headquaters and shape the future of web.


I get to know about WoMoz Nepal as well . Women and Mozilla(WoMoz) is a community dedicated in promoting the presence and visibility of women in Technology and Open Source.The major objective of this event was empowering the girls to pursue their dreams and built the tools to change their world around.The program was powerful enough to drag the attention of participants. The experiences shared by the Mozilla and ICT girls during their start was so encouraging. They made us believe that if the right oppertunity, learning environment ,then the girls can thrive. 

 And it is subject of concern that - Why the envolvement of girls in ICT is very few?


As being a girl, I belive that , may be the girl knows what to do but are not aware that how to do. 
or on the other hand the background they belong to, where they grow up really does matters.


The Event was well  managed but I didn't expect that there would be crossword solving , treasure hunt  and discussions. Though I couldnot make it solve ,I enjoyed alot. It added the excitement and fun once again.Some girls won the stuffs . Personally I enjoyed the discussion part bacause we were free to choose the topic of interest and discuss on that with the experts. I believe that for any first move, you need to discuss it with someone experienced.The event developed the level of confidence inside me.
Looking forward for the such a  events again and more . And thankyou # MozillaNepal  # WoMoz  for providing the memorable and beautiful experience
 And and and  if I have to describe the whole event, then it was awesome, well managed .The hard work behind by the organising team can be predicted . The effort nailed and for sure many female contributers will be contributing very soon.The organiser team are so friendly , grounded and always helping that for a moment I forget that I am a participant  there.So participant girls this is the best time to startup ,open up yourself and go contribute.Shape your dreams yourself because you all are free enough to do so.

Looking forward for the such a  events again and more . And thankyou # MozillaNepal  # WoMoz  for providing the memorable and beautiful experience

2 comments: